This is a seasonal, full-time guiding position. Guides are responsible for all aspects of leading remote wilderness backpacking, kayaking, and base-camp hiking trips. Duties include organizing trip logistics (food & equipment prep, confirming logistics with partners and flight operators); all cooking, cleaning, and camp chores; repair and maintenance of AAA gear while in the field; conducting pre-trip contact and orientations with guest; completing all post-trip responsibilities and submitting all Trip Logs/Incident Reports and guest post cards in a timely manner. Of course, all this done while offering a safe, fun, and memorable experience for all guests and working collaboratively with a fellow guide in the backcountry.
• Prior experience leading multi-day expeditions.
• Current Wilderness First Responder and CPR certification
• Minimum 21 years of age and legally allowed to work in the US
• Valid Driver’s License & excellent driving record.
• Willing to acquire Food Handlers Card
• Upon hire, and prior start, ALL staff must present proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination.
• Proven group management and outdoor leadership abilities
• Excellent conversational skills and customer service orientated
• Physically capable of lifting and carrying 70+ pounds
• Positive attitude and supportive team player
• Flexibility in how you spend each day, and with your schedule during the season.
• Successful candidates have 2+ seasons of Alaska guiding experience.
• Knowledge of Alaska’s natural history, its many diverse biomes, and each area’s unique Flora & Fauna.
• Capable of leading appropriate discussions about Alaskan rich native histories and heritage.
• Comfortable traveling in, and working around small, fixed-wing aircraft.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and capable of excelling in new, and unfamiliar environments.
• Ideally, our staff are cross-trained and capable of leading all land
About ALASKA ALPINE ADVENTURES
Since 1998, Alaska Alpine Adventures has built a reputation as one of Alaska's premier wilderness outfitters. Our guides are comfortable in Alaska's biggest and most remote mountain ranges offering backpacking trips, guided kayaking and hiking tours, river trips, basecamp hiking adventures, and custom adventures. We have successfully guided expeditions throughout Alaska for over two-decades; from Denali, Wrangell-St. Elias, Lake Clark, Katmai, ANWR, Kenai Fjords and Gates of the Arctic all the way to Aniakchak National Monument & Preserve. AAA typically employs 20 guides throughout the summer guiding season. Full-time guides average 20+ days of work per month in the high season with irregular schedules while working in remote locations.