To assist in driving shuttles on a daily basis to Anchorage, boat launch sites, and other miscellaneous errands. CDL shuttle drivers also play a crucial role in helping to accomplish the day to day tasks and maintenance required at basecamp.
Cheerful and enthusiastic attitude during long days in a sometimes cramped workspace.
Possess the ability to work within a team structure and in a flexible manner to accomplish a variety of tasks including: food preparation, packing, housekeeping, light maintenance and guest service.
Independently loading heavy and awkward items like luggage, coolers or boxes weighing 50 lbs. or more and safely participating in group lifts of rafts and motors that can weigh more than 4
• CPR / First Aid required for all positions.
• CDL driver’s license (AWA will assist with obtaining) required for some shuttle driver positions.
• High quality guest service standards.
• CDL driver’s license (AWA will assist with obtaining).
• Safely operating commercial motor vehicles.
• Complying with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations as they apply to a professional driver and DOT paperwork as necessary.
• Participation in drug screening program.
• Responsible for care, maintenance, and preparation of vehicles.
• Guest service, including: luggage handling, general orientation of guests, airport pick-ups, shuttles, etc.
• Basecamp support. River (rafting or fishing) shuttles, hike shuttles, shopping and errands, landscaping, camp projects, and general labor.
• Participate in company practices and policies to conserve natural resources, reduce landfill-bound waste, reduce or eliminate the use of environmenta
About Alaska Wildland Adventures
Alaska Wildland Adventures is Alaska’s leader in lodge-based adventure travel. Our goal is simple; to share Alaska’s wilderness with a few people who want a high quality, true Alaska vacation experience without compromising comfortable accommodations. We also know that true Alaska experiences cannot be mass produced, and our focus on small groups ensures each and every one of our guests will have a unique, personal interaction with the natural environment that surrounds them. We believe that smaller groups mean a bigger experience.
Over the years, we’ve built three Alaska lodges, each with its own personality and unique setting; yet all with the same commitment to service and the environment. Kenai Riverside Lodge, Kenai Backcountry Lodge and Kenai Fjords Glacier Lodge all pay tribute to our commitment to sharing authentic Alaska with a light footprint in an interactive style.