Entering our 35th year of leading successful expeditions in 2021, Alpine Ascents International is a leader in the climbing industry and has been instrumental in setting guiding standards in the international climbing community for most of our history.
Our mission and goals are simple: By using the best climbing talent in the country, we help climbers at all levels achieve their personal aspirations through expeditions and courses that are challenging, safety oriented, environmentally friendly, and ethically sound
We are recruiting a Gear and Logistics Manager to lead the team that will be responsible for ensuring our courses, climbs and expeditions have all the necessary support to make them a success. This is a demanding role, especially in the summer months, but one that someone who has a love of the mountains and a strong work ethic will find incredibly rewarding.
• Work as a key member of the Alpine Ascents International leadership team, reporting into the Director of Field Operations.
• Manage and train the expected 2-6 seasonal staff that will work in the department
• Manage and perform all aspects of course, climb and expedition operations, including but not limited to client inquiries; gear and equipment management; food planning and preparation; pre-climb gear checks and driving groups to climbing destinations.
• Manage the processes around our gear and clothing rental business
• Manage the auto fleet (8 vehicles, 6 trailers)
• Work in tandem with the Director of Finance on the retail store business and facilities management, with the potential to migrate into management of those areas
Key personnel attributes:
• Mountaineering and climbing knowledge
• Strong customer service focus
• Clear and effective communicator
• Previous staff management experience/skills
• Commitment to the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Willing and able to drive a 15-passenger van with trailer
• Willing to work a variable schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings, and long days
Compensation and benefits
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• Health insurance (medical and vision)
• Paid PTO
About Alpine Ascents
Alpine Ascents’ philosophy is based on a true love and understanding of mountain wilderness. Our mission and goals are simple: By using the best climbing talent in the country, we offer the opportunity for climbers at all levels to achieve their personal aspirations through quality, challenging, safety oriented, environmentally friendly, ethically sound and fun expeditions/courses. We also look to provide guides an outstanding and career developing work environment.