Alpine Ascents invites and encourages applications from individuals of all personal and professional backgrounds and with all levels of outdoor/mountaineering experience
Alpine Ascents is a leader in the mountaineering industry, offering climbers of all levels the opportunity to achieve their personal climbing aspirations. The Alpine Ascents Gear Department aims to deliver high quality logistics and customer service through exceptional diligence and attention to detail. The Gear Staff team is responsible for the inventory, maintenance, packing, and logistics for all mountaineering courses, climbs, and expeditions. This position serves a critical function in the success of all Alpine Ascents programming and though it can be demanding during the summer months, individuals with a love for the mountains, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic will find it incredibly rewarding.
• Prepare equipment for multi-day domestic climbs and courses
• Provide support for, and assist with daily gear checks
• Handle basic customer inquiries with a focus on quality customer service
• Issue and de-issue climber rentals and group gear
• Thoroughly inspect, clean, and maintain equipment for safety and functionality (rock racks, avy transceivers, down parkas, ropes, etc.)
• Assorted retail and administrative tasks as needed (organization, inventory counts, re-stocking)
• Operate cash register for retail store and rental equipment
• **Tasks are varied, requiring a flexible, patient, and go-getter attitude
• Other duties as assigned
• Dates: April 19th – August 31st, 2021. Opportunities for work in September may be available based on performance.
• 35-40 hours/week with occasional overtime
• Compensation: $16.00/hr
Hundreds of trips launch each summer climbing season from our small Seattle office. Work is often carried out alongside Alpine Ascents’ world-class guide team, so there’s no shortage of running, climbing, biking or hiking partners around here! Recreation partners aside, access to exclusive industry discounts on gear are available in addition to other outdoor-focused perks
• Able to work independently with a strong attention to detail
• Practiced customer service skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to lift heavy (50lb) loads
• Squeaky-clean driving record
• Willing and able to drive 15 passenger van
• Proficient computer skills
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Willing to work a variable schedule, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and longer days
• WFR or equivalent
• AIARE 1 training or equivalent
• International travel experience
• Climbing, and mountaineering knowledge/experience
• 23 years of age or older
About Alpine Ascents International
Entering our 35th year of leading successful expeditions in 2021, Alpine Ascents International is a leader in the climbing industry and has been instrumental in setting guiding standards in the international climbing community for most of our history.
Our mission and goals are simple: By using the best climbing talent in the country, we offer the opportunity for climbers at all levels to achieve their personal aspirations through quality, challenging, safety oriented, environmentally friendly, ethically sound and fun courses, climbs and expeditions.