High School Teacher & Outdoor Instructor, Idaho & Chile
Do you love being on the river, and sharing that passion? Are you eager to motivate young leaders while engaging them in place-based learning? Join our team at Alzar School, an accredited semester high school and nonprofit, with the mission to “build leaders who positively impact the world”. We are based in Cascade, Idaho and Coyhaique, Chile. Our teachers also serve as outdoor leaders in whitewater rafting and/or kayaking, or backpacking. We invite applicants from a variety of backgrounds to apply, and firmly believe that a diverse faculty enriches our staff community and connections with students. Some applicants may possess skills in certain areas and less experience in others, for example: academic, outdoor, residential, leadership, or cultural, amongst others. We look forward to the opportunity to review your application!
Come inspire students in the stunning mountains of east-central Idaho and Patagonia, Chile!
Read more here: https://alzarschool.org/employment-opportunities/
Email questions to [email protected]
- strong knowledge of content area (either through past studies, professional experience, or direct teaching experience)
- demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for the content
- adaptable, able to take challenges in stride
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- robust experience either 1) backpacking or 2) whitewater rafting and/or kayaking or 3) transferable skills from another outdoor sport
About Alzar School
Curious about Alzar School? Check out our website!