The ACE National Recruitment and Outreach Specialist is responsible for candidate outreach, recruitment and vetting for ACE Emerging Professionals In Conservation, National Park Service (EPIC NPS) Division. The National Recruitment and Outreach Specialist facilitates outreach and selection processes throughout a recruitment lifecycle, ensuring member and partner needs are met, collaborating with fellow recruitment staff for the best outcomes possible. The recruitment specialist will collaborate across the EPIC NPS division, other ACE division recruitment staff, and with the Associate Division Director, actively contributing to and fulfilling the Division’s and NPS’ recruitment objectives.
General responsibilities include meeting national outreach and recruitment objectives, ensuring key deliverables and outcomes of applicant sourcing, review, interviews, references, and ultimately partner selection.
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in pairing young people with professional development opportunities
- Commitment to ACE's mission
- Highly organized
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong computer management skills, or willingness to learn
- Flexible and eager to engage in remote teams
- Effective time management skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding to interact with individuals from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, ability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Proficient in English
- Ability to pass federal criminal background check
- Willing to abide by ACE Policies
- Must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the time they start their position or request a medical or religious exemption
Individuals who identify with groups typically under-represented in the conservation industry, including women, non-binary individuals, LGBTQ individuals, and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
About American Conservation Experience
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities for youth of all backgrounds to explore and improve public lands while gaining practical professional experience.