American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service, is seeking ONE National Trails Sign Planning Fellow interested in working with public and private entities in trail development, historic preservation, and resource stewardship on the National Historic Trails.
The ACE member will plan for and develop national historic trails (NHTs) through road/pedestrian signing along the Pony Express NHT, California NHT, and other NHTs as time allows. Duties will include developing sign plans based on NTIR established process and sign system, either in close collaboration with project partners or independently, providing daily communication with a range of federal, state, non-profit organizations, and other trail partners to collaborate on signing and development activities, assisting trail partners and communities with development of draft sign plans, including use of online sign-planning tools, providing technical assistance to partners seeking local or state department of transportation approval to install signs, and assisting NTIR staff and partners with other NHT-related activities as needed, including attendance at public events, preparation of social media content, and other office priorities.
- This position is funded through the Public Land Corps Act which has specific program requirements: Must be 21-30 years of age to apply. Military Veterans up to 35 are encouraged to apply
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A valid driver's license and an insurable driving record (documentation to be provided upon request)
- Willing to undergo and must pass required criminal history checks
- Strong writing, communication, outreach, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and ability to multi-task
- Willing and able to represent ACE and the partner organization in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to be both self-directed/work alone, and be a positive, contributing member of a collaborative group
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge and experience using: ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word and Excel
About American Conservation Experience
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities for youth of all backgrounds to explore and improve public lands while gaining practical professional experience.