American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service and Homestead National Historical Park, is seeking ONE Digital Media Member to contribute to an interpretive outreach efforts project alongside the Homestead National Historic Park Staff.
This position will be dedicated to incorporating Historian, Jonathan Fairchild’s research into Homestead National Historical Park’s interpretive efforts. The selected candidate will do this by leveraging the website and social media platforms to share the stories of female homesteaders. This position will also work directly with guests at the Park to share the experiences of homesteaders.
To see the full position description visit: https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/747068.html
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident to comply with US government contracts
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- Must pass criminal history checks
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive a medical or religious exemption
- Able to professionally represent ACE and the partner organization
- Ability to be both self-directed and a contributing member of a group
- Ability to perform essential duties of position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Have relevant experience in digital media, public history, historical studies or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Ability to produce content for websites and social media, work on digital layouts or portable exhibits, excel database creation, and strong customer service skills
- Deep interest in connecting guests and virtual visitors to the stories of female homesteaders
About American Conservation Experience
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities for youth of all backgrounds to explore and improve public lands while gaining practical professional experience.