American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service at Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site (CARL) is seeking ONE Invasive Plant Management Team Member who will work alongside CARL staff and assist the Southeast Invasive Plant Management Team (SE-IPMT) staff with the management, control, and eradication of invasive plants and forest pathogens.
The ACE Member will assist in the removal and control of invasive non-native plants to protect North Fork heartleaf habitat, inventory and monitoring of the current population of heartleaf, and updating GIS data on the heartleaf population.
To see the full position description, visit: https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/760986.html
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to comply with government contracts
- Have a valid driver's license
- Have a personal vehicle
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or able to receive an exemption
- Able to hike while carrying up to 40 lbs of gear
- Open to varying and flexible schedules
- Available to travel overnight
- Relevant experience in botany, ecology, biology, wildlife, natural resources, environmental science, entomology etc
- Experience with invasive plant management, restoration, or rare plant monitoring
- Experience operating a vehicle while pulling a trailer
- Experience identifying and managing native and non-native plants
- Experience using GPS and GIS software
- Ability to use power equipment and 4WD vehicles
- Deep interest in fieldwork and a respect for nature
About American Conservation Experience
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities for youth of all backgrounds to explore and improve public lands while gaining practical professional experience.