American Conservation Experience (ACE), a nonprofit conservation corps, in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS), is seeking ONE Water Quality Inventory and Monitoring (I&M) Member to monitor and protect significant natural resources in National Parks as part of the NPS Appalachian Highlands Inventory and Monitoring Network (APHN).
This is a six-month position with the NPS Appalachian Highlands Inventory and Monitoring Network (APHN) where the ACE member will serve as a member of a team that conducts field-oriented natural resources monitoring. Duties are mainly assisting with field data collection, data management and related laboratory testing for the Network’s water quality monitoring program. Other duties may include assisting with freshwater mussel and vegetation monitoring.
To see the full position description, visit: https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/744420.html
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Able to represent ACE and partner organization in a professional manner
- Ability to both self-directed and a contributing member of a group
- Interest to serve in remote field areas
- Able to serve outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Must pass criminal history checks
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or granted exemption
- Relevant experience in aquatic ecology, hydrology or related field
- Strong interest in hydrology, aquatic ecology and natural resource management
- Experience in various field data collection methods
- Experience in backcountry hiking and navigation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Garmin GPS units, and/or ESRI ArcGIS
About American Conservation Experience
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities for youth of all backgrounds to explore and improve public lands while gaining practical professional experience.