Founded in 1994, AmeriCorps St. Louis (ACSTL) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization engaging annually about 40 full-time AmeriCorps National Service Volunteers in community service. Over 27 years, ACSTL boasts more than 1,200 AmeriCorps alums. Regularly, ACSTL Members travel throughout Missouri and other states completing service projects in partnership with government agencies and nonprofit organizations. In times of crisis or disaster, ACSTL is an available resource to support local, state, and national response services. In addition, ACSTL provides outreach and support services for unhoused neighbors in the St. Louis area. ACSTL has a nine-member Board of Directors and a dedicated staff of five full-time employees.
The MISSION of AmeriCorps St. Louis is to enhance the professional skills and life-long ethic of those who serve; to respond to critical unmet needs in the areas of emergency response and environmental conservation; to leverage service of volunteers; and to build the capacity of our partnering agencies and communities we serve.
AmeriCorps St. Louis has an annual operating budget of $1.2 million with the goal of 10-15% from philanthropic contributions. To meet our vision and potential, ACSTL requires comprehensive groundwork and strategic efforts toward donor cultivation and fundraising which have not been formalized before. ACSTL seeks to increase the staff size though a determined, inspiring leader who is passionate about the mission, and brings both the desire and ability to raise the profile of ACSTL through donor relations that have a lasting mutual impact.
The Development Manager will serve as a key team member and active leader responsible for the creation and implementation of successful short- and long-term fund development strategies. The Development Manager should excel at developing meaningful ongoing relationships with donors, improving systems and processes to meet goals, and methodically carrying out all aspects of a development plan in support of ACSTL’s mission.
Please see the full position description on our website for specific responsibilities (https://www.americorpsstl.org/join-our-staff).
• Three years of experience in project management, relationship building, fundraising, and/or strategic planning in the nonprofit sector.
• Experience working effectively toward mutual outcomes with volunteers, staff, and stakeholders across wide ranging skills, communication styles, and interests.
• Strong interpersonal and public communications skills, written and verbal.
• Ability to network effectively to identify and develop donor prospects.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the principles and practices of fundraising related to individuals, foundations, and corporations.
• Proficiency in data management, CRM systems, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite.
• Event planning and management experience preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
About AmeriCorps St. Louis
Since 1994, inspired people from across America have brought to AmeriCorps St. Louis their enthusiasm, talents, and commitment to serve their country. AmeriCorps St. Louis has distinguished itself as one of the leading AmeriCorps programs in the nation through a long and impressive history, recruiting 42 Members each year to serve as an Emergency Response Team.