Title: Program Coordinator Date: 11/15/2021
Reports to: Program Director
Starting Salary: Grade B $35,568 – $43,000
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off
Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC) operates conservation service programs across Arizona that empower individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities and the environment. AZCC has operational bases in Tucson and Flagstaff. AZCC, a program of Conservation Legacy, aims to continue the legacy of the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s. AZCC is focused on connecting youth, young adults and recent era military veterans with conservation service work projects on public lands.
The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are: recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and mentoring seasonal field staff including Crew Leaders, and Assistant Crew Leaders; supporting and maintaining partnerships through partner coordination, project development, and reporting; overseeing and maintaining consistent quality control, risk management, and program integrity. Both office and field work are required in this position and the ability to work a flexible
schedule is critical.
Experience working for a Conservation Corps or AmeriCorps program.
• Two years minimum applied Field experience in conservation or land management field work.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor young adults working in remote outdoors settings performing arduous physical labor.
• Technical competence and experience in dry stone masonry, full bench trail construction, chainsaw operations for riparian restoration and fuel reduction.
Proficiency with office equipment and software including Microsoft Office and database management; ability to manage data in an organized, consistent, and timely manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of staff, partners, and members
Exhibits the ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a variety of populations,including those underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC communities.
• Experience with influencing diverse groups of employees to achieve common goals.
• Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
• The ability to carry out assigned work independently or with minimal supervision.
• The ability to communicate effectively
About Arizona Conservation Corps
Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC) operates programs across Arizona engaging individuals and strengthening communities through service and conservation.