In this role you will:
– Guide a 5-night overnight experience, from Sunday to Friday weekly.
– Provide 24-hour support with guidance, supervision, safety and comfort for participants during all activities.
– Co-lead daily outdoor programming including mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing and Leave No Trace principles.
– Follow and educate campers on safety protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants
– Serve as a role model and guide campers by exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
– Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
– If you are a trained Driver, transport up to 13 campers to and from program areas with company passenger vans.
– Candidates with increased experience in one or more of our core sports may serve as a program area expert (i.e., as a Specialist) either supporting multi sport camps or instructing single sport camps in: climbing, mountain biking, whitewater paddling, or survival skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible for a Driver position. Driver eligibility required for most positions.
- By start of training, must have an active CPR certification + either a Wilderness First Responder (WFR, EMT, or W-EMT) or Wilderness First Aid certification depending upon position.
- 1+ years of experience leading kids on multi-day camping or backpacking trips.
- Passion for outdoor expeditions! Must be comfortable with multi-day camping excursions and the 24-hour supervision expectations of this position.
- Demonstrated personal and/or professional experience in one of our core sports is required for Specialists.
About Avid4 Adventure
The mission of Avid4 Adventure is to provide kids and teens with the skills and confidence to choose active outdoor lifestyles. We transport campers to authentic local recreation areas and teach them to climb, bike, paddle, hike and thrive in the outdoors. More importantly, we teach kids and teens to assess risks, use sound judgment, and believe in their abilities. Through summer day camps, overnight camps, school programs, and events, Avid4 Adventure inspires thousands of kids and teens every year to lead active lifestyles.