f you love kids and enjoy being outside, we want to talk to you!
Avid4 Adventure, voted on Outside Magazine’s Top 50 Best Places to Work list for multiple years in a row, is hiring Expeditions Instructors for our summer expedition programs in Colorado. Expedition Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. Instructors provide 24-hour care for our campers and act as their primary support and role models. Our training week will provide you with the technical and interpersonal skills you need to succeed in this position.
This is a field-based position. Instructors will spend each week (Sunday – Friday) guiding kids on multi-sport, backpacking, biking, or climbing adventures. Our programs (with the exception of our backpacking offering) spend the week at a basecamp located at campsites in state parks.
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress.
– Provide 24-hour support with guidance, supervision, safety, and comfort for participants during all activities.
– Lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through our outdoor adventure program featuring rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle sports, and more.
– Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities.
– Guide a 5-night overnight experience, from Sunday to Friday weekly.
– Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals.
– Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
– Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff.
– Job dates: Training starts in late May/early June, depending on the state in which you will work. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific dates and details on each location & program, please click here.
– Work week: You will be co-leading a group of campers from Sunday morning – Friday afternoon. Scheduled time off is Friday evening (after gear is de-
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR, EMT, or W-EMT) and CPR.
- 1+ years of experience leading kids on multi-day camping or backpacking trips.
- Valid drivers' license is required. All staff will go through a 2-day 15-passenger van driving training during your first week of employment.
About Avid4 Adventure
The mission of Avid4 Adventure is to provide kids and teens with the skills and confidence to choose active outdoor lifestyles. We transport campers to authentic local recreation areas and teach them to climb, bike, paddle, hike and thrive in the outdoors. More importantly, we teach kids and teens to assess risks, use sound judgment, and believe in their abilities. Through summer day camps, overnight camps, school programs, and events, Avid4 Adventure inspires thousands of kids and teens every year to lead active lifestyles.