Located on nearly 1500 forested acres in the Town of Becket, MA which is nestled within the beautiful Berkshire mountains of Western Massachusetts, the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA operates multiple programs serving hundreds of campers and staff at a time. Boasting over a century of tradition, our industry leading accredited programs include the Becket Day Camp, Camp Becket for boys, Chimney Corners Camp for girls, the Travel & Service Programs, and the Berkshire Outdoor Center.
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA (BCCYMCA) is seeking a fun, flexible, and motivated camp professional who is interested in either taking the next step in their career or looking for a new camp family for this summer. If you want to answer the call to provide the experience our youth need after a challenging year during the pandemic and are excited about being a dynamic community leader for a respected camp—we want to hear from you!
The Becket Day Camp serves 85 campers ages 6-14 a week for 8 weeks and strives to continue making a positive impact in social and emotional learning through a diverse array of activities, including swimming and canoeing, archery, low-ropes course adventures and team building initiatives, gardening, arts, hiking, nature discovery, and more—all amidst a small group of camper peers and friendly energetic counselors!
The Day Camp Assistant Director will have the provide support to a team of 12 camp counselors, a dedicated nurse, office support staff, and dedicated waterfront staff. Mentorship is provided by a seasoned Day Camp Director and an experienced Executive Director, who has over 14 years’ experience directing camps. The Becket Day Camp relies on a culture that believes success is highest when accomplished together by a focused team that deeply believes in a camper centered, flexible, and enjoyable summer experience.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Prefer at least 2 years in a in a camp setting; seeking highly organized and logistically talented candidates.
• Current enrolled to achieve a Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, or related field preferred; HS Diploma & prior relevant experience will be considered.
• Be 21+ years old and have a valid driver’s license.
• Be able to work with staff and children in the outdoors, in varying weather conditions, administering and participating in all camp activities, some of which may be physically demanding.
• Have excellent communication and organizational skills, confidence and willingness to interact in a positive and motivational manner with staff, campers, and families.
Dates and Pay:
We encourage all applicants who can be on-site from June 14th to August 20th to apply. Availability for assisting with preparations and arriving by June 1st is preferred.
Weekly salary is competitive. On-site housing is available.
About Becket Chimney Corners YMCA
Located on nearly 1500 forested acres in the Town of Becket, MA which is nestled within the beautiful Berkshire mountains of Western Massachusetts, the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA operates multiple programs serving hundreds of campers and staff at a time. Boasting over a century of tradition, our industry leading accredited programs include the Travel & Service Programs, the Becket Day Camp, Camp Becket for boys, and the Chimney Corners Camp for girls.