We’re looking for qualified course leaders who are experienced, enthusiastic backcountry skiers or splitboarders. In addition to deep knowledge of avalanche education best practices, we need instructors who are eager to make backcountry skiing and splitboarding more welcoming and accessible.
– Lead at least one AIARE course in January, February, or March 2021
– Act as a Bluebird Backcountry ambassador and be ready to help with mountain safety and provide information to guests when asked
– Uphold, promote, and support the Bluebird Backcountry vision of fostering a community of passionate backcountry skiers and riders
What Makes This Job Great
– Teach avalanche classes in a welcoming environment with great amenities – think bacon, coffee, warming huts and fire pits
– Be part of a team that’s bringing something new to the skiing and avalanche world
– Help build a comprehensive backcountry education program with something for all customers
- 5+ years of experience as an avalanche professional
- Commitment to Bluebird Backcountry’s mission and goals––and excitement to welcome people of all stripes to backcountry skiing and snowboarding
- Excellent verbal communication and is skilled in team dynamics
- Flexibility and eagerness to work in a collaborative, fast-paced-yet-grassroots startup environment
AIARE Course Leader Certification
Significant teaching experience and is up to date on best practices for backcountry and avalanche education
About Bluebird Backcountry Ski Area
Bluebird Backcountry is the first and only fully human-powered, in-bounds backcountry ski area in the country. With a mission to make backcountry skiing safer and easier to learn, our operation features a 1,200-acre avalanche-managed and ski-patrolled area with zero chairlifts. Guests visit to try backcountry skiing, develop their backcountry skills, and explore new terrain in a relatively safe, welcoming, social, and educational backcountry environment.
Bluebird Backcountry is located on the Continental Divide in Colorado, halfway between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs. Our team has a welcoming, energetic, get-it-done culture. We are excited to introduce a new way to think about skiing… and to see just how far we can take the Bluebird Backcountry concept.