The Boulder Climbing Community is looking to hire professional individuals for its Front Range Climbing Stewards (FRCS) crew for the 2021 field season. This position requires a passion for the outdoors, proven trail-building skills, conservation and stewardship education experience, excellent communication skills, volunteer coordination experience and team collaboration. The FRCS Crew Leader position will lead a professional steward program designed to complete a variety of projects associated with improving environmental, safety, and user conditions at climbing areas throughout the Front Range region. The FRCS Crew Lead position is a field-based position, consisting of regular physically demanding work on-trail, at the crags as well as a small amount of work within the community.
Please see the full job listing at https://www.boulderclimbers.org/opportunity
-Advanced trail work & restoration experience and skills, with an emphasis on intensive projects and stonework, stone quarrying, rigging, and material management.
-Advanced experience training, supervising and/or managing others
-Moderate to advanced experience managing work sites and/or projects
-Capability of documenting project metrics via field notes and photos
-Ability to coordinate with Program Manager and Land Managers to complete project objectives.
● Possess knowledge of how recreationist use natural terrain.
● Passion for people, the outdoors, education, and stewardship.
● Possesses a very strong work ethic and drive for a quality finished product.
● A high level of fitness: Hiking with weight and on unsure terrain, Strong cardiovascular fitness, ability to lift up to and exceeding 50 lbs on a continual basis.
● Ability to learn and master new skills on a continual basis.
● Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
About Boulder Climbing Community
The Boulder Climbing Community is a non-profit organization that connects and supports climbers, climbing organizations, land managers, and businesses in the Boulder area, in order to protect and care for the climbing areas we love.
Our hallmark program is the Front Range Climbing Stewards, a full-time professional trail work team. We've also helped replace hundreds of old bolts and anchors, and provided thousands of free wag bags at stations we installed.