We are looking for PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors to lead teen diving programs in the Caribbean.
Programs range from 12 to 24 days and can be mentally and physically taxing for students and instructors which makes maintaining a positive attitude key. Programs are limited to 12 students led by a team of two to three instructors. Dive instructors work alongside a marine biologist, skipper, or another dive instructor to successfully lead a program from academics to leading onshore activities and more.
In addition to teaching diving, instructors work with their co-leader to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, assist students with cooking and cleaning duties, lead games, support academics and other program activities. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun, positive and cohesive community are all important requirements.
Contracts vary from one to three months starting in late May through early to late August.
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification with active teaching status.
- Previous experience working with teens or young adults, preferably in a camp or 24/7 setting.
- Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural understanding.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills, able to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
- Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as a Broadreach ambassador to our international partners throughout the world.
- Specialty teaching certifications or willingness to obtain some of the following: underwater naturalist, boat diver, peak performance buoyancy diver, AWARE-coral reef conservation, AWARE-fish identification, night diver, wreck diver, and deep diver.
About Broadreach Adventures, LLC
Over the past twenty years, Broadreach has taken more than 17,000 students on our study abroad programs to over 40 countries. With programs for middle school, high school and college aged students, Broadreach courses span the globe exploring extraordinary destinations and fascinating topics through hands-on instruction, field research and service learning.