The Assistant Leadership and Trips Director assists with the implementation of the Leadership Training, Trekker
and Adventure programs. This position supports the application and interview process of campers interested in
these programs. The Assistant Leadership and Trips Director collaborates with all Admin and Support staff
members to ensure excellence in camper and staff experiences and program delivery. Additionally, they assist in
the evaluation and supervision of staff, aid with trip preparation, address camper concerns and conflict
This position pays $430/week with room & board and employee perks.
Dates: May 13th – August 13th, 2022
• Minimum of 21 years of age, and have experience working with youth in a summer camp setting
• Current certification in Wilderness First Aid and CPR/First Aid, or willingness to obtain certification
• Relevant combination of education, training and/or experience related to outdoor education, backpacking,
backcountry travel and living
• Possess effective leadership, supervisory, administrative, organizational and communication skills
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
About Camp Chief Ouray
Camp Chief Ouray, established in 1908, has grown to be a premiere overnight camping option for youth from all over the United States and the World. We are committed to developing five core values in everything we do: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. CCO is a part of the YMCA of the Rockies, located at Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby, CO (elevation of 8,750 feet).