Position Dates: May 15th – August 12th, 2023
The Cabin Counselor Wrangler provides leadership for, lives with, and cares for a cabin group of 8-10 campers in male and female identifying cabins. Additionally, they are responsible for the program delivery of the equestrian and riding program. They are expected to work collaboratively with their co-counselor and Barn Staff to ensure each camper’s physical, social, and emotional health and safety needs are met. They are responsible for all other aspects of the camper’s experience, with the expectation of exceptional customer service. They also ensure the horse herd is cared for, the barn facility and equipment cleanliness are maintained, and all barn safety protocols are met. CCW’s participate in Barn Training prior to All Staff Training.
Benefits for Camp Chief Ouray Staff:
– Weekly pay
– Room and board
– Laundry on-site
– CPR/First Aid and/or Wilderness First Aid certification
– Diverse and global experiences
– Welcoming and inclusive team environment
– Free and/or discounted program rental
– Close proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park and additional outdoor recreation areas
– Discount on summer camp registration for immediate family members
– Transportation funding support to get to camp
- Preferably be at least 19 years of age, and have experience working with youth in a summer camp setting
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Must have current certification in CPR/First Aid or be willing to obtain certification
- Must have experience working with horses and/or western riding
About Camp Chief Ouray
Camp Chief Ouray is the premiere overnight camp of YMCA of the Rockies. Located on over 5,100 acres of beautiful mountain terrain, Camp Chief Ouray is the longest running summer camp in Colorado. This is a place where nature inspires and quality time happens naturally.