YMCA of the Rockies – Snow Mountain Ranch has an opening at their overnight residential camp, Camp Chief Ouray! This position is primarily responsible for assisting in creating a safe space for all by helping break down barriers to inclusivity including; hiring practices, forms, training, and all aspects of programs. Some of the trips the Leadership & Trips Director will be responsible for implementing include: Adventure/Trekker trips, International Trips, Family Adventure Trips, Leaders-In-Training, Wilderness Leadership, Wrangler-In-Training, and new programs. In addition to implementing these camp programs, the Leadership & Trips Director will be responsible for budgeting, hiring, and training staff.
Some daily functions include:
– Cultivating relationships with campers and staff.
– Assisting in moving forward the YMCA of the Rockies Diversity Initiative in camp programs.
– Assisting in forming partnerships with organizations that serve diverse populations
– Budgeting; creating and maintaining.
– Assisting in the marketing of camp and improvement in the retention of campers over multiple years.
Benefits and lodging included.
Deadline to apply: December 11, 2020.
- Minimum of three (3) years of education, training, and/or experience related to organized camping, and at least 23 years of age.
- Knowledge of back country camping programs; logistics, Leave No Trace, emergency evacuations, and permitting processes
- Minimum of Wilderness First Aid certified.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Training in Mental Health First Aid and/or Restorative Justice a plus.
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
About Camp Chief Ouray
Camp Chief Ouray has grown to be a premiere overnight camping option for boys and girls from all over the United States and the World. Whether your camper is a first timer or has attended various residential camps before, CCO provides a unique opportunity for independent development in a caring community. The camp is based out of YMCA of the Rockies - Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby, Colorado. Nearby attractions include Rocky Mountain National Park, Winter Park Resort, and Grand Lake.
Our goal is to offer challenging experiences to build leaders through life-long skill development in a safe, imaginative, natural setting. We instill confidence through independence and interpersonal skills. We challenge our campers to discover their true selves.