Counselors love working with children and inspiring them to lead active, fulfilling lives. Counselors are the main point person for their cabin of 6-10 campers, and also lead activities for campers of all ages during the day.
– Mentor and supervise a group of 6-10 campers of your assigned age group during wake-up, cabin times, bedtimes, and throughout the day.
– Uphold camp’s mission and values as well as following all protocols outlined in the staff training and handbook.
– Manage risk and maintain the safety of campers.
– Provide leadership and assistance to the trip leader on one wilderness trip per session, varying in length depending on age group. Trips focus on day hiking or canoeing.
– Provide guidance and work with a ‘counselor in training’ assigned to your group.
– Facilitate or assist with various activities for campers of all ages including nature, games, swimming, farm and more.
– Live and sleep in a shared staff space near your group where you will be available for your campers when needed.
– Facilitate other aspects of the daily camp-wide program such as special events, meal times, lifeguarding, and evening activities.
– Staff may also specialize in elective activity areas. We encourage you to dream big!
– Develop healthy and appropriate relationships with campers.
– Conduct daily check-ins with campers.
– Practice professional presentation and communication with participants’ families, co-workers, and the public.
– Complete all necessary paperwork, i.e. incident reports, camper reports, trip reports.
– Bring positivity and empathy to every interaction at camp.
Salary and Benefits: $2,300 – $3,500 based on experience, plus room and wholesome farm-to-table board
– Summer staff get daily time off as well as one full 24-hour period off per week.
Care deeply for the development and well being of young people.
Must pass a criminal background check.
Current Wilderness First Aid certification
Current lifeguard certification
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Canoeing and kayaking
Arts and crafts
Music and drama
Farming and gardening
About Camp Glen Brook
Camp Glen Brook is a year-round outdoor education facility. We are set apart by our small size, our home grown home cooked farm-to-table food, and our background in Waldorf Education. We serve school groups throughout the fall and spring, we run a Summer Camp, and we run a fall and spring Gap semester program.
You can get a good sense of Glen Brook by watching the video on our home page: glenbrook.org