Camp Manito-wish YMCA is seeking two Program Directors. One to oversee our unique Summer Camp and one for our Leadership Program. Camp Manito-wish YMCA is a 103 year-old Overnight Camp focusing on wilderness tripping and leadership development. Serving over 4,000 participants annually this position collaborates with the Program Team, Camp Director and Operations Director to support our Summer Camp (including Boys ,Girls, and Family Camp Sessions), Summer Camp and Leadership Programs. This position directly oversees the Summer Camp and Leadership programs and provides direct supervision to our seasonal Summer Camp and Leadership Directors and subsequent seasonal staff. Interested candidates should have experience in both supporting and leading summer camp, wilderness trips, developing and facilitating leadership programs, and have a camp background. Qualified candidates should have a deep understanding of the power of overnight camping as a key element of youth development, wilderness tripping experience, and familiarity with American Camping Association accreditation standards. Successful performance in this role gives you the satisfaction of having a team that works hard to support each other, while creating programs that develop confident, responsible and enlightened leaders who will improve the world in which they live.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university or equivalent experience
• Successful experience in management of seasonal camp staff and the ability to lead collaborative teams
• Minimum two to three years of leading and supporting best practices of summer camp administrative experience, working with historically underserved youth with untapped potential, wilderness tripping, supervising staff, and experiential education program delivery
• Advanced First Aid or greater certification or ability and willingness to obtain a Wilderness First Responder certification within the first 6-month of employment
• Ropes Course facilitation experience at an ACCT certificate level or equivalent with the ability and willingness to obtain certification as needed
• Ability to work with others, adapt to fluid situations and be a servant leader
• Ability to travel to recruit participants and staff
• Experience of completing tasks via administrative functions i
• Knowledge of our primary methods of wilderness tripping - canoeing, backpacking and sea kayaking
• Excellent communication skills to interface with program participants, volunteers, staff, clients vendors, and partners
• Experience in staff hiring, training, supervision and evaluation
• Ability and current license to drive with a record that meets insurance and organizational expectations
About Camp Manito-wish YMCA
When Camp Manito-wish YMCA was founded in 1919, formalized mission and vision statements were still decades away. But the core beliefs and philosophy that we embrace today were here from the very start. Our camp founder, W.H. “Daddy” Wones, was a man of strong conviction who believed that camp life should promote physical strength, spiritual growth and a strong commitment to service. Today, our vision and mission reflects that wonderful heritage. We’re proud to continue traveling the trail that Wones blazed, honoring the past while igniting our hopes and dreams for the future.
To enrich the character and leadership development of each person who has a Manito-wish experience, by challenging them to grow in wisdom, in stature, in favor with God, and in favor with one another.
The Manito-wish experience develops confident, responsible and enlightened leaders who will improve the world in which they live.
Camp Manito-wish YMCA strives to create an