• Act as lead facilitator on weeklong and 10-day adventure trips at Camp Ondessonk and elsewhere.
• Facilitate adventure experiences, backcountry living, and expedition behavior skill development for up to 12 campers.
• Supervise, advise, and evaluate two Adventure Instructors per program
• Help maintain ACA standards
• Schedule Adventure Instructors to cover all duties and jobs both in and out of camp.
• Provide a fun, safe, and effective Adventure Camp program
• Help train, motivate, and supervise staff and trainees in a positive manner
• Actively role-model positive and respectful behavior
• Enforce and adhere to all Camp Ondessonk rules and regulations.
About Camp Ondessonk
Since 1959, Camp Ondessonk has provided children and children-at-heart the opportunity to experience first hand the beauty of God’s creation. Camp Ondessonk offers programs to many different groups throughout the year. During the fall, winter, and spring we offer outdoor education programs to school and youth groups, challenge and high ropes courses, conference and retreat facilities, and a variety of special interest weekends and Open Houses.
A great camping experience requires more than just a facility and a program. One of Camp Ondessonk’s greatest strengths is the large number of staff and volunteers that work throughout the year to facilitate and support programs. These individuals strive to be positive role models, living lives committed to the spiritual and emotional growth of participants