We’re looking for a Medical Director to join us for our 2022 season from June until the end of October. Ideal candidates for this position love working outside, love working with kids, and are interested in medically supporting our program participants.
In accordance with Oregon Department of Education policy, Camp Tamarack requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work as a part of our programs.
Camp Tamarack is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the unique contributions that you bring to our program including your culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages, veteran status, religion, ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We value diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all students, volunteers, and employees.
Our commitments include:
– Normalizing pronoun use during meetings and programs
– Providing needs-based scholarships to students
– Providing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion training to all staff
– Incorporating land acknowledgments in programs
– Using trauma-informed, culturally responsive student support strategies
– Providing accommodations for students to participate in our programs and for staff to lead programs
2022 Season Dates:
– Summer Camp: June 22nd – August 26th (optional August 28th- August 31st)
– Fall Outdoor School: September 5th – October 28th
Starting Pay is $800 per week, room and board are included (no charge to staff for rent, utilities, laundry, internet, and meals while running programming Sunday Dinner- Friday Breakfast).
We Invest in Our Staff!
– After a year of employment, we offer a wellness stipend to put towards health care, a gym membership, counseling, exercise equipment or class, or whatever you do to promote your personal wellness!
– We offer room and board- there is no cost to Staff for housing, meals (provided Sunday dinner- Friday breakfast when programming is running), internet, utilities, and laundry.
– We promote from within! When hiring for managerial staff, we internally hire.
– Assess individual health needs and provide appropriate interventions for students and staff. This may require hiking or walking moderate distances from the main camp area, or climbing ladders to access students in bunk beds.
– Conduct a health assessment of all program participants for communicable diseases.
– Establish and maintain procedures to secure, monitor, and administer all medication brought to camp per administrative rules and policies.
– Remain on-site and on-call for 24-hour coverage to provide consultation and/or intervention to ill or injured program participants.
– Maintain records and reports as required.
– Initiate and maintain communication with caregivers of program participants as needed.
– Delegate, train and supervise appropriate site staff in selected nursing tasks as appropriate for individual health needs of students or staff.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to walk/hike moderate distances and climb ladders to access bunk beds.
- Valid Oregon license to practice as an EMT or Registered Nurse
- Current CPR/First Aid card.
About Camp Tamarack
At Camp Tamarack we host overnight outdoor school and summer camp and we’re looking for a Medical Director to join us for our 2022 season from April until the end of October. Ideal candidates for this position love working outside, love working with kids, and are interested in medically supporting program participants. We are accepting applications until the position is filled!