We are willing to provide necessary EMT training for this position! We will pay for the entire upfront cost of the training and as a part of a year contract, you will pay back 1/2 of the training.
$725- $825, room and board included (no charge to staff for rent, utilities, laundry, internet, and meals while running programming Sunday Dinner- Friday Breakfast).
We are hiring a Medical Director who can commit to our entire April- the end of October position! Please note that there are breaks in between sessions.
2022 Season Dates:
– Spring Outdoor School: April 4th – June 10th
– Summer Camp: June 27th – August 26th (optional August 28th- August 31st)
– Fall Outdoor School: September 7th – October 28th
To provide comprehensive health care to all program participants at Camp Tamarack, observing regulations of medical practice, and compliance with policies established by Camp Tamarack and School Health Services.
– Assess individual health needs and provide appropriate interventions for students and staff. This may require hiking or walking moderate distances from the main camp area, or climbing ladders to access students in bunk beds.
– Conduct a health assessment of all program participants for communicable disease.
– Establish and maintain procedures to secure, monitor and administer all medication brought to camp per administrative rules and policies.
– Remain on-site and on-call for 24-hour coverage to provide consultation and/or intervention to ill or injured program participants.
– Request equipment from Camp Tamarack and maintain an adequately equipped dispensary.
– Maintain records and reports as required.
– Initiate and maintain communication with caregivers of program participants as needed.
– Make recommendations to the Camp Director when a program participant should be removed from the site due to suspected communicable disease or injury that needs further medical intervention.
– Communicate with others utilizing appropriate verbal and non-verbal interactions.
– Delegate, train and supervise appropriate site staff in selected nursing tasks as appropriate for individual health needs of students or staff.
– Attend staff training as needed.
- Valid Oregon license to practice as an EMT or Registered Nurse - We are willing to provide EMT training for this position!
- Current CPR/First Aid card.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to walk/hike moderate distances and climb ladders to access bunk beds.
About Camp Tamarack
At Camp Tamarack we host overnight outdoor school and summer camp and we’re looking for a Medical Director to join us for our 2022 season from April until the end of October. Ideal candidates for this position love working outside, love working with kids, and are interested in medically supporting program participants. We are accepting applications until the position is filled!