We are hiring Instructors who can commit to our 2021 season from June 11th – October 29th. At Camp Tamarack we host residential Outdoor School and Summer Camp, and in-classroom programs!
We are Looking for Instructors to Invest in!
– Compared to most residential camps where you work from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed, at Camp Tamarack Instructors work split day shifts and evening program shifts. All the fun of a camp job but in about 40 hours/week!
– Wellness stipend! After a year of employment, we offer a wellness stipend to put towards health care, a gym membership, counseling, exercise equipment or class, or whatever you do to promote your personal wellness!
– Room and board included- live on-site all season rent free with meals provided, Sunday dinner- Friday breakfast.
– We invest in our Instructors’ professional and personal development throughout the season.
– We promote from within! When hiring for administrative and managerial staff, we internally hire.
2021 Season Dates:
– Summer Camp: June 11th – August 27th, 2021 (full-time, on-site employment)
– Fall Outdoor School: September 8th – October 29th, 2021 (full-time, on-site employment)
– Winter Classroom Outreach: Part time work January – March
– Lead group activities such as hiking, canoeing, archery, crafts, team building, along with camp games and activities (all training provided).
– Teach and mentor elementary and high school students in programs that encourage cooperation, communication and team building.
– Provide support, supervision, and evaluation of high school Cabin Counselors. As a Staff member, you do not directly supervise a cabin of campers. High school Cabin Counselors directly supervise cabins.
– Lifeguard during summer camp’s open swim time (for those who know how to swim, we will provide lifeguard training).
– Participate fully in all aspects of the on-site programming including:
– Assists with daily mealtime cleanup and dishes.
– Assists in site set-up, weekly cleaning, and closing each week.
– Provides backup support to other camp staff as needed.
Desire to mentor, teach, and work with youth aged 8-18
Interest in experiential education
No summer camp experience required
About Camp Tamarack
Camp Tamarack hosts outdoor school during the fall and spring , winter wellness for middle school students in the winter, and traditional summer camp during the summer months. Throughout their time at Camp Tamarack, staff get the unique opportunity to teach science, social emotional wellness, and fully immerse themselves into the world of summer camp.
Check out our Outdoor School video! https://vimeo.com/186443509?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=29220