We Invest in Our Instructors!
After a year of employment, we offer a wellness stipend to put towards health care, a gym membership, counseling, exercise equipment or class, or whatever you do to promote your personal wellness!
– Compared to other overnight camps, where you work from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed all week, at Camp Tamarack Instructors work shifts allowing for 2-4 evenings off weekly and rotating Sundays and Fridays off.
– We offer room and board! There is no cost to staff for housing, meals (provided Sunday dinner- Friday breakfast when programming is running) , internet, utilities, and laundry.
– We invest in our Instructors’ professional and personal development with monthly coaching.
We are hiring Instructors who can commit to our entire April- the end of October position! Please note that there are breaks in between sessions.
2022 Season Dates:
– Spring Outdoor School: April 4th – June 10th
– Summer Camp: June 27th – August 26th (optional August 28th- August 31st)
– Fall Outdoor School: September 7th – October 28th
– Winter Classroom Outreach: Potential for part time work January – March
For Instructors who live on-site, starting pay is $600, room and board included (no charge to staff for rent, utilities, laundry, internet, and meals while running programming Sunday Dinner- Friday Breakfast). For Instructors who choose not to live on-site, starting pay is $720.
– Lead daily science, social and emotional learning, and camp specific classes to youth ages 8-14.
– Mentor, supervise, and evaluate high school students who serve as Cabin Counselors. Lead daily mentor meeting to 2-5 high school students.
– Lead group activities such as hiking, canoeing, paddle sports, swimming, archery, crafts, and team building, along with camp specific games and activities (training provided).
– Lead all-camp programming and campfire skits and songs in the evenings.
– Lifeguard and supervise waterfront activities during summer camp (we provide lifeguard training).
– Assist with daily mealtime cleanup and dishes.
– Assist in site set-up, weekly cleaning, and closing each week.
– Provide backup support to other camp staff as needed.
– Provide weekly transportation to and from camp for campers and high school students (15- passenger van driver training included)
Note to potential applicants:
– Research shows that BIPOC folx, trans and non-binary folx, and women are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe that they meet every qualification listed in a job description. Your skills, experience, and education can come from personal interests, self-directed learning, community roles, and life experiences. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are interested in the position, even if you do not believe that you meet all of the qualifications.
About Camp Tamarack
We are hiring Instructors who can commit to our 2022 season from April - October! At Camp Tamarack we host Outdoor School, Summer Camp, and classroom programs, providing youth of all ages with hands-on opportunities that promote personal growth and a better understanding of the environment and world that surrounds them.
We are looking for staff who thrive in a dynamic, collaborative work environment to support our mission of youth development through mentored outdoor experiences. Our Instructors have a willingness to learn supported by our training, continual coaching, and professional development. As a part of our camp community, we will meet you where you’re at and help you to continue to grow as a professional.
In accordance with Oregon Department of Education policy, Camp Tamarack requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work with students.