We are hiring Instructors who can commit to our 2021 season from Jan 6th – October 29th. We are looking for people with a desire to teach and mentor youth who bring different lived and professional experiences to our team. At Camp Tamarack we host Outdoor School, Summer Camp, and classroom programs, providing youth of all ages with experiential opportunities that promote personal growth and a better understanding of the environment, communities, and world that surrounds them.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve been flexible and creative in adapting our programming in 2020. We hosted virtual Outdoor School, on-site day programming, and weekend backpacking trips. Though we can’t predict what this coming year will look like, we are anticipating our spring Outdoor School will not be on-site, but rather online or in the form of classroom visits, we are opening registration for on-site summer camp programming, and we expect to host residential programming for Fall Outdoor School.
2021 Season dates include:
– Spring Outdoor School: Jan 12th- June 11th, 2021 (part-time employment)
– Summer Camp: June 14th – August 27th, 2021 (full-time, on-site employment)
– Fall Outdoor School: September 8th – October 29th, 2021 (full-time, on-site employment)
– Winter Classroom Outreach: Potential for part time work November – March
Salary Range: Spring Outdoor School- virtual or in classroom programming: $25/hour working 15- 20 hours per week (Jan.- June). Summer Camp and Fall Outdoor School: Salary of $498 – $525 weekly, 40 hours per week (June – Oct.).
– Willingness to learn supported by our training, continual coaching, and professional development. As a part of our camp community, we will meet you where you’re at and help you continue to grow as a professional.
– Teach and mentor elementary and high school students in programs that encourage cooperation, communication and team building, either virtually, through classroom visits, or on-site.
– Provide support, supervision, and evaluation of high school volunteers.
– Lead group activities such as hiking, canoeing, archery, crafts, and/or team building along with camp games and activities.
– Fulfill job safely and in compliance with the Camp Tamarack program, policies, and procedures.
– Live on site while residential programming is running (June – Oct.).
– Lifeguard during summer camp’s open swim time (for those who know how to swim, we will provide lifeguard training).
– Participate fully in all aspects of the on-site programming including:
– Assists with daily mealtime cleanup and dishes.
– Assists in site set-up, weekly cleaning, and closing each week.
– Responsible for inventory and maintenance of program supplies and equipment.
– Provides backup support to other staff as needed.
Shift Type: 15- 20 hours. per week(Jan.- June), 40 hours per week (June – Oct.)
About Camp Tamarack
Camp Tamarack hosts outdoor school during the fall and spring , winter wellness for middle school students in the winter, and traditional summer camp during the summer months. Throughout their time at Camp Tamarack, staff get the unique opportunity to teach science, social emotional wellness, and fully immerse themselves into the world of summer camp.
Check out our Outdoor School video! https://vimeo.com/186443509?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=29220