Since 1933, Camp Long has served South Carolina’s campers, adventurers and educators. Situated on over 400 acres in Aiken, South Carolina, Camp Long’s woodland setting is a lake front, year-round destination for outdoor retreats and events. Our facilities and amenities are designed to accommodate a variety of group sizes, ages and needs.
Camp Long is looking to hire a Coordinator for the educational programs, church retreats, professional development groups, and summer campers that attend the location throughout the year.
-Recruiting and scheduling rental groups
-High and low ropes instruction
-Instruction and activities manager for groups on site
-Assisting the director in the day-to-day operations of the Camp Long site
• BA or BS in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Forestry, Geology, Education, Marine Science, or Wildlife Biology.
• Must have leadership and/or management experience in camping or outdoor education
• Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
• Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
• Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
• Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
• Must be willing to work long hours.
• Lifeguarding experience preferred or willing to get lifeguard certification.
Compensation: $31k -$35k depending on experience, room and board, state benefits package
About Clemson University Learning Institute
Youth Development programs throughout the state of South Carolina