Clemson University’s Camp Hannon/Pickens Education Center in Sunset, SC (Appalachian Mountains) is looking for a Program Coordinator to help oversee all programs including field studies, outdoor adventure, summer camp and rentals. Program Coordinators will assist with and provide support for adventure-based programming that includes high adventure courses, climbing wall, rock climbing, and traditional camp activities, assisting with summer camp and rental groups. Coordinators will organize and manage all program areas including facility and logistical needs, assists in overseeing all camp staff including program instructors. Coordinators will also manage staff that teach children in aquatic ecology, forestry studies, wildlife ecology, soils science, natural history of the area, teams course, and high adventure (ropes courses and climbing wall). We also work with various private and public groups that want a rental experience in a camp setting
• Manage a staff of educators (4-8 people)
• Build comradery and positive work environment for staff
• Have the ability to teach curriculum components in the field study programs when needed.
• Lead staff and groups in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
• Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
• Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
• Manage rental groups when needed.
• Manage groups and staff utilizing adventure activities.
• Provide facilitation and guidance on public and private rental groups
• Provide great customer service
• Work hard & Play hard.
• Degree in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Parks & Recreation or related field preferred OR Experience in Environmental Ed Programs and or Camping Programs
• Must have some managerial experience in outdoor ed, summer camping or related field.
• Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
• Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
• Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
• Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
• Must be willing to work hard and committed to the team.
Pay of $600/week plus housing, meals, and a state insurance health plan.
About Clemson University Learning Institute
Youth Development programs throughout the state of South Carolina