To lead, instruct and supervise campers (ages 10-16) in all areas of Adventure Camp curriculum and perform duties that are required by the Camp Director. The camp is operated in the Blue Ridge Mountain area of South Carolina and North Carolina in Sunset, SC. Adventure Camp has direct access to thousands of acres of state and national wilderness areas. The program uses Camp Hannon as base camp and hires counselors as guides for daily adventures during the weeklong camp including canoeing, rock climbing, frisbee golf, zip lining, and whitewater rafting. You can take a look at our camp by going to our website at http://adventuresummer.camp/
• Teach all components of the Adventure Camp Curriculum (training provided)
• Lead students in daily program classes and activities (wake-up, meals, campfire, and wrap-up)
• Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening activities as scheduled
• Assist in routine clean-up
• Set-up and maintain site and program areas
• Perform direct supervision of campers while involved in classes and activities (on and off-site)
• Perform camp counselor duties including staying and attending to campers overnight while they are at camp
• Pursuing a BA or BS in Parks and Recreation, Natural Resources or related field
• Must show leadership qualities and be a role model for campers to look up to
• Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work and live with campers and staff
• Must demonstrate teaching skills and ability to implement creative “hands-on” teaching methods
• Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing a common goal and objective
• First Aid/CPR is preferred, Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder is preferred
• Canoeing, rock climbing, whitewater, rappelling, and trip leading experience preferred
• Lifeguard Preferred
Salary: $440 – $600 twice a month plus lodging, meals during camp and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Contact: If you are interested in the position please send your resume and three references to Candice Heatherly at [email protected]
Please have all resumes submitted by March 1st.
Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.
About Clemson University Youth Learning Institute
Youth Development programs throughout the state of South Carolina