Camp Bob Cooper is located in Summerton, SC on a 110-acre peninsula on beautiful Lake Marion and is home to one of South Carolina’s best-known camp, conference and retreat locations. Camp Bob Cooper is home to two camps each summer. Along with those camps, CBC hosts multiple rental groups and summer partners who utilize the camp activities throughout the summer weeks.
4-H Camp provides an opportunity to experience new and exciting activities in a traditional camp atmosphere. Activities include climbing wall, archery, canoeing, swimming, boating, and many other activities that are offered in a safe, supervised environment where campers can explore new areas of interest with encouragement from training counselors and staff.
Camp Wildlife is a ride, shoot, and swim camp where campers learn about hunting and fishing techniques, wildlife ecology, ATVs, outdoor survival skills and shooting sporting (shotgun, rifle, and archery).
• Deliver a high adventure program that is appropriate to the age and abilities of the campers. Ensures appropriate progression of all activities
• Lead camp high adventure activities such as Climbing Wall, Giant Swing, Giants Ladder, High Ropes Course, and Low Ropes Course
• Facilitate all adventure-based programs to include soft and hard skills.
• Implore Challenge by choice philosophies.
• Assist the Program Director with other camp programming as needed.
• Assist with the clean-up of the total camp at the conclusion of each week of summer.
• Assume responsibility for the inventory of supplies and equipment, providing for proper care, cleaning, storage, and control.
• Assist and share in other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Teach staff and campers the skills necessary for a fun and safe adventure program including personal and group health and safety, care and use of equipment, emergency procedures, etc.
• Maintain records of inventory, inspection, repair and check in/out of camp equipment related to adventure and challenge course activities
• Ensure campers and staff know and follow safety policies and procedures during all adventure activities
*All training will be provided prior to the start of camp.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must have a High School Degree and be working towards a college degree.
• Facilitation of high adventure activities and/or Team Building experience preferred.
• Ability to climb and withstand heights with a high comfort level
• Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting and live on camp premises during the summer
• Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt, and work hard as part of a team pursuing one common goal and objective.
Salary: $440-$600 twice a month plus lodging, meals during camp and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
About Clemson University Youth Learning Institute
Youth Development programs throughout the state of South Carolina