The College of Idaho invites applications for an Outdoor Program Experiences Coordinator. This position
will be responsible for assisting the Outdoor Program Director in planning and executing student Outdoor
Program and Intramural sports experiences.
• Assist a team of student and professional staff in providing a comprehensive, leave-no-trace outdoor
program and inclusive intramural sports program.
• Assist director and students in facilitation of programs and activities for outdoor program and intramural
• Work closely with student leaders to plan, execute, and learn from off-campus student-led experiences.
• Work closely with athletics and facilities to reserve spaces for Intramural Sports and train student director
to manage intramural sports recruitment and programming.
• Assist director in securing permits for use of Federal and State public lands.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate safety and risk management practices, liability policies and
procedures, and emergency action plans laid out by Outdoor Program Director.
• Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Department to generate marketing materials and
enhance promotional efforts to reach College of Idaho faculty, staff, students, prospective students,
alumni, and the local community.
• Actively participate in relevant professional associations, e.g. AORE and AEE.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Physical Education, Sport
Management, or related field.
• Professional and student staff supervision and development experience.
• Experience leading outdoor field-based experiences.
• Expertise in at least one outdoor recreational activity (i.e., kayaking, climbing, etc.).
• Wilderness First Responder certification (or a willingness to obtain certification within 90 days of hire).
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
• Detail-oriented and able to adhere to guidelines, performance standards, and policies.
• Strong work ethic and personal integrity.
• Ability to maintain a high level of customer service.
• Experience with and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
About College of Idaho
With over 125 years of history, The College of Idaho is a regional and national leader in higher education. The
College of Idaho is an inclusive community of exceptional learning that challenges the ambitious and forges
pathways to success and purpose. To learn more about The College of Idaho, please visit