The Coordinator of the Outdoor Program is the administrator principally responsible for the overall management of the Colorado Mesa University Outdoor Program. The Coordinator provides leadership for the Colorado Mesa University Outdoor Program and services through policy development, personnel management, fiscal direction, and long-range planning. The Coordinator of the Outdoor Program reports to the Director of Student Life and collaborates with the Program Director of the Outdoor Recreation Industry Studies Degree.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
• Professional experience of 3+ years in outdoor programming including staff management, and budgetary management
• Wilderness First Responder certification (or willingness to get it.)
• Master’s degree in Outdoor Rec, Education, or another related field
• Leave No Trace Master Educator
• NOLS or related Outdoor Program Risk Management certificate
• American Canoe Association or Rescue 3 swiftwater rescue instructor or provider
• PCIA or AMGA single pitch instructor or provider
• AIARE or AAI Avalanche Level 1 and 2 certified
• AORE and or AEE Member
• Broad experience in integrating issues relating to student development in a college/university
About Colorado Mesa University
The Outdoor Program is Colorado Mesa University’s headquarters for outdoor adventure and education. We are a student-fee funded organization, whose purpose is to offer and promote affordable, safe and environmentally conscious outdoor trips. We also offer trainings and equipment rentals.
Whether you’re a student, alumni or a member of the local community, the Outdoor Program is available to anyone seeking adventure on Colorado’s Western Slope. No experience is necessary!
CMU Outdoor Program mission statement: Our goal is to inspire growth and foster connections through a shared passion for the outdoors