The Southwest Associate Program Director works under the supervision of the Southwest Program Director and is responsible for coordinating program wide curriculum and safety, field staff training, performance management for field staff, ensuring high-quality course delivery and operations, and manages the permits for the program.
The Associate Program Director oversees and ensures safe, quality, family and student-centered programming. This is a management position, with significant responsibilities to supervise and ensure high-quality systems and processes are implemented throughout the management team and field staff.
This is an office-based position, with frequent field visits and travel as needed.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the outdoor education field, including training and safety management responsibilities.
• Experience working with youth.
• Proficiency and familiarity with several of the offered program activities such as; rafting, backpacking, canyoneering, kayaking, canoeing and/or rock climbing.
• Supervisory or field leadership experience.
• High level of professionalism with strong leadership attributes both in work and community environments.
About Colorado Outward Bound School
Working for COBS is so much more than just a job. We are in the business of changing lives – those of our students and of our staff. Whether joining for a few seasons or continuing on as a “lifer”, your experiences with COBS will impact the rest of your life – both professionally and personally. We are always on the lookout for mission-driven professionals who are excited to bring their unique experiences and skills to our team. In exchange, we provide the incredible growth opportunity that comes with living and working in a community of amazing people unafraid to shine, as well as offer elite training and professional development.