Colorado Outward Bound School seeks to hire a well-organized, calm, detail-oriented individual with strong communication skills! The On-Call Coordinator for the Rocky Mountain Program (RMP) will support field programs by managing non-urgent field communications through the on-call system. The On-Call Coordinator will gather critical student and logistical information, coach and mentor staff, and ensure concise and accurate information is shared in a timely and professional manner. While on duty this position will also hold the RMP Parent Phone and provide high level customer service and support to families/guardians. They will ensure every call received from the field and/or parents is recorded in our on-call chain and any details requiring follow-up and action are taken with appropriate urgency. The RMP On-Call Coordinator will report to the RMP APD of Course Delivery & Safety, working closely with Program Managers and Course Directors.
• Receive and address calls from the field with issues concerning medical, injury, motivational, behavioral, itinerary changes, weather conditions, logistical needs, etc.
• Provide clear, effective and timely communication with instructors, course directors, supervisors, student services, and other applicable parties.
• Direct support of field staff through coaching and mentoring of in-field issues.
• Supports overall course planning by facilitating potential itinerary changes
• Demonstrate commitment to the work of diversity, equity and inclusion; while continuing to make Outward Bound available to communities’ outdoor programs have previously failed to engage.
• Intermediate computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Strong problem-solving, prioritization and management of timelines.
• Ability to demonstrate emotional regulation, calm, good judgement, and balanced decision-making in stressful situations.
• Minimum two years instructing and field leadership experience with Outward Bound or a similar wilderness expeditionary organization.
• Familiarity and experience working with youth and managing sensitive motivational and behavioral dynamics.
• Minimum Wilderness First Responder certification.
• Youth Mental Health First Aid training
About Colorado Outward Bound School
Working for COBS is so much more than just a job. We are in the business of changing lives – those of our students and of our staff. Whether joining for a few seasons or continuing on as a “lifer”, your experiences with COBS will impact the rest of your life – both professionally and personally. We are always on the lookout for mission-driven professionals who are excited to bring their unique experiences and skills to our team. In exchange, we provide the incredible growth opportunity that comes with living and working in a community of amazing people unafraid to shine, as well as offer elite training and professional development.