The Program Manager (PM) works under the supervision of the Associate Program Director (APD) and is responsible for course oversight. The PM holds administrative responsibilities, serving as the primary overseer of Course Directors and field staff teams, as we as being accountable for ensuring a safe and quality experience for staff and students. Key PM responsibilities include developing, training, coaching and mentoring staff in their capacity to deliver COBS’ educational framework and curriculum, ensuring student outcomes are met.
Additional duties include training, site management, field visits and tracking, and developing and maintaining records and resources.
• Supervise assigned courses to ensure safe, high-quality course experiences through delivering course prep, communicating and upholding COBS policies and procedures, analyzing and reviewing incidents, and providing/documenting clear and complete feedback.
• Supervise assigned field staff to ensure safe and quality student experiences and alignment with school progressions, curriculum, policies and procedures. Includes mentoring and developing staff, performance management, reviewing field staff
• Connect with service partners to arrange logistics and ensure quality projects
• COBS trainer role as requested.
• Support the Program Leadership Team in implementing strategies to meet program needs, goals, and directional strategy.
• Additional program related tasks and support as requested
• Understanding of and commitment to Outward Bound, program structures, mission and educational framework.
• Minimum four years instructing and field leadership experience with Outward Bound or a similar wilderness expeditionary organization.
• Supervision and experience related to course environments
• Experience working with youth.
• Experience as an adult educator; able to coach, mentor and develop staff.
• Supervisory or field leadership experience with Outward Bound or a similar wilderness, expeditio
About Colorado Outward Bound School
Working for COBS is so much more than just a job. We are in the business of changing lives – those of our students and of our staff. Whether joining for a few seasons or continuing on as a “lifer”, your experiences with COBS will impact the rest of your life – both professionally and personally. We are always on the lookout for mission-driven professionals who are excited to bring their unique experiences and skills to our team. In exchange, we provide the incredible growth opportunity that comes with living and working in a community of amazing people unafraid to shine, as well as offer elite training and professional development.