Location: This is a remote position due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Deadline for submission: November 29th, 2020
Term of Position: January – May, 2021
Work Schedule: Part-Time (10-15 hours per week) and flexible based on work/school schedule
Compensation: $15 per hour
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado is committed to protecting our climate, air, lands, water, and communities. Our work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects our commitment to racial and social justice particularly by ensuring that policy victories are shared by all Coloradans including disproportionately impacted and frontline communities. We achieve these goals by organizing people and electing conservation-minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other conservation nonprofits, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
About The Becca Strelitz Internship Program
This position is part of the Becca Strelitz Internship Program. Becca lived a life full of love and passion; she was grounded in knowing who she was and what she wanted to do. She became involved with our organization as an intern in 2011, and over time, became one of our best and brightest community organizers.
● Assist the Government Affairs Director and Policy Advocates with legislative and policy research.
● Track progress and activity of active legislation
● Draft letters in support or opposition of priority legislation
● Draft talking points, fact sheets, and other materials
● Perform research on legislative concepts and complete special research projects as requested
● Attend and/or listen in to committee and House and Senate floor discussion of bills
● Plan, organize, and execute the annual legislative reception event in February
● Perform administrative tasks and duties as required and requested
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong interest in protecting Colorado’s environment and quality of life, state legislation, and has a true desire to learn more about conservation policy and politics. Specific requirements include:
● Meticulous and well organized
● Demonstrable skills in persuasive writing
● Interest in supporting environmental justice and developing anti-racism skills
● Ability to multi-task and manage short-term and long-term deadlines
● Strong analytical skills for data management
● Working knowledge of Google Apps and Microsoft Office
● Understanding of environmental policy and Colorado specific conservation issues
Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement.
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservation-minded policy makers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses, and other allies, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. This coming year we will be tackling everything from working to ensure our state has enough water for future generations, looking for ways to increase the state’s use of renewable energy, defending our public lands from attacks, and electing pro-conservation champions across the state. The Financial & Human Resources Administrator will be a key part of managing the financial & compliance systems that allow us to manage our resources, so we can fulfill our mission and continue to grow and win on our campaigns.