The Recruitment Manager leads the organization’s recruitment processes to hire staff and to enroll more than 250+ AmeriCorps (ages 18-25) and 250+ Youth (ages 15-18) positions. This position is responsible for the overall vision and execution of CCMI recruitment including: developing recruitment plans in coordination with hiring managers; managing the recruitment timeline; overseeing the hiring process; processing applications; assisting with interviews as needed; compiling and analyzing recruitment data to adjust efforts; collaborating with the communications and marketing team to ensure effective branding and messaging in digital and print communications; and directing outreach efforts aimed at both local and statewide markets.
Location: St. Paul, MN with options for remote or hybrid work
Salary: $60,000-$75,000 DOQ
Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (typical)
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401(k) Safe Harbor retirement saving plan
• Manage all aspects of CCMI’s recruitment and onboarding function by designing, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive process to ensure the hiring needs of each program are met.
• Administer the applicant tracking system, including building applications, managing workflows, offering technical assistance to hiring managers, and running reports.
• Partner with hiring managers to understand position needs and specifications ensuring a cohesive recruitment vision across all programs.
• Explore market best practices in the areas of recruitment, onboarding and staffing and implement appropriate best practices within the organization. Take proper actions to close hiring gaps.
• Ensure recruitment and onboarding process is compliant with labor legislation and employment labor laws, to include EEO and AmeriCorps compliance.
• Work to develop and maintain professional relationships with college, university, and community partners as a source to generate qualified candidates. This includes participating in job/career fairs and community events to widen the organization’s presence in the community to align with and support CCMI’s JEDI goals.
• Implement strategies to track and interpret recruitment data and make judgments about campaign effectiveness and manage the recruitment budget.
• Ensure reference checks and background studies are conducted in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
• Examine hiring trends to anticipate recruitment needs; maintain applicant statistics and demographics.
• Work closely with the marketing and communications team to ensure branding and messaging consistency in all recruitment materials, online job profiles, media, and advertising of positions.
• Provide training to hiring managers to ensure best practices and positive candidate experiences.
• Effectively work across the organization to broaden outreach and partnerships to expand recruitment efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of recruitment experience.
• Experience conducting interviews and assessing candidate skills and organizational fit.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Salesforce, web-based recruitment tools, applicant tracking and/or CRM software systems
• Willingness to travel to participate in outreach activities, job fairs, Corps events, and partner meetings.
• Excellent communication skills, excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize, work within deadlines, and thrive within a broad scope of responsibilities.
• Familiarity/experience with AmeriCorps or other national service programs. Experience working in social services is a plus.
About Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa (CCMI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and AmeriCorps grantee that engages hundreds of youth and young adults each year in programs and initiatives that improve access to outdoor recreation, restore natural habitat, protect waterways, and respond to community needs and natural disasters. Our mission is to engage youth and young adults in meaningful service, leadership development, and environmental stewardship. Our vision is a world in which everyone has equitable access to nature, is equipped to succeed in career and life, and is empowered to make a difference in conserving natural resources. Learn more at conservationcorps.org.