visit https://www.cvainternships.org/cva-internship-opportunities to learn more and apply
About the Program:
Stewards Individual Placements is currently hiring for its Community Volunteer Ambassador (CVA) program at 18 National Park Sites across the country! As a CVA, members will spend 50 weeks focusing on building relationships with local communities, helping to improve disaster response processes in regard to volunteer mobilization, and helping to organize community stewardship days. If you are comfortable with public speaking and have an interest in, and the ability to engage with underrepresented populations among NPS staff, please visit cvainternships.org for more information and additional requirements.
Stewards Individual Placements is partnering with the National Park Service’s program Community Volunteer Ambassadors. Our goal is to advance an equitable work culture in the NPS. We also support member’s future careers by promoting access to job opportunities in NPS/ federal lands management partners.
General position responsibilities:
• Work with the site supervisor to accomplish the
• CVA goals outlined in the work plan
• Host local continuing education and recruitment events
• Be a critical part of the volunteer recognition team
• Provide outreach presentations about volunteering with the NPS in and around local diverse communities
• Assist with volunteer events for important dates like National Public Lands Day, or other similar types of multi volunteer events. Weekend and evening work ma
About Conservation Legacy - Stewards
The Stewards Individual Placement Program places individual placements across the nation in projects that build capacity, improve access to natural resources, develop and support innovative solutions, develop opportunities for service and economic development, and empower leaders.