Love peaceful southwest sunsets…..Shared with a group of 30 teenagers?
Then this job is for you! We’re looking for passionate and experienced
educators who are interested in throwing down a season in the American
Southwest! Our staff team comes from a huge diversity of backgrounds
including art, music, science, farming, wilderness experiences, and more, and works with youth ranging from kindergarten through high school. Your day-to-day and week-to-week responsibilities will change with our programs and you’ll be able to spend the overwhelming majority of your time outside working with incredible colleagues and amazing youth.
Job Objective: Provide excellent outdoor education programming; support other members of trek teams in spring, summer, and fall in all aspects of field education.
• Lead and support outdoor education expeditions across the American Southwest, including in frontcountry and backcountry settings, ranging from single-day programs to multi-week programs
• Plan and execute effective outdoor programming for a variety of audiences • Manage risk in line with CGE’s practices in the field
• Provide medical care within the trained scope of practice
• Participate in the maintaining and repairing of our gear feet
• Cook for groups of 10-50 participants (not required of all staff)
• Teach LNT principles/environmental ethics to groups of youth
• Drive large vehicles (pickup trucks, 15-passenger vans) on a variety of roads • Assist with office responsibilities as needed
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
Compensation: The salary range starts at $1400/Month up to $2,000/Month for a full-time schedule. Housing in Albuquerque Bunkhouse optional Aug-Oct; Food provided. Various Pro-Deals are available to all staff.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for CGE vehicle insurance coverage.
WFA or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire; WFR/WEMT preferred.
Must be able to live at Base Camp or travel with a group during the summer. Work hours are frequently outside of traditional office hours
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of audiences (fellow staff, teachers, students, etc.).
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
We believe outdoor education takes many different forms; your unique skills and experiences will be considered and valued!
About Cottonwood Gulch Expeditions
Cottonwood Gulch Expeditions offers unique expeditions rooted in the culture and landscape of the American Southwest. Our programs offer an opportunity to immerse yourself in the majestic land and cultural heritage of the American Southwest. At the Gulch, we’ll inspire you with all of the places we explore, we will take you on world-class backpacking and hiking trails, connect you with hands-on science and nature, and engage you in the art and culture of the Southwest.