NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School) is a nonprofit global wilderness school that supports thousands of students each year all over the world. Our school began in a small cabin in Sinks Canyon, Wyoming in 1965 as the National Outdoor Leadership School. At that time, we were primarily an outdoors skills school, doing our work in local mountain ranges and exploring what it meant to teach leadership in the backcountry. Today, we are NOLS, a multifaceted wilderness school located in Lander, Wyoming, that supports thousands of students each year all over the world in both field & classroom courses.
Some cool things about NOLS:
- Locations in seven U.S. states, and six countries; and courses in all 50 U.S. states and over 10 countries.
- Paid time off starts with 24 days per year
- Good medical benefits & retirement plan choices
- Option for flexible working hours
- Fantastic employee discounts on top outdoor gear brands
- Discounts on NOLS Courses for you and your family
- Free Outdoor Equipment “Rental” at our various locations
The CRM Administrator and Support Analyst is responsible for deeply understanding the intersection of business processes and needs with the NOLS software ecosystem and will oversee the administration, maintenance, support, integration and configuration of the CRM platform. This is an integral role in helping to maintain integrity for the full scope of data and reports in the CRM, ensure systemwide CRM functionality, and support a positive user experience for the school. This position reports to the IT Applications & Data Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applications & Software
- Will assess user needs to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities in order to take advantage of available D365 tools/features.
- Serves as an internal D365 subject matter expert to the operations community as needed and supports end users via configuration customization of the D365 tool.
- Works closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies
- Data and Reporting
- Creates, maintains, optimizes dashboards, views, reports and analytics for end user use within the D365 tool.
- Create and maintain electronic end user documentation and digital assistance utilizing WalkMe.
- Participates in data governance, change management processes at NOLS
- Participate in troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of applications, including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Other Duties
- Keeps abreast of new features and functionality available in the tools we use.
- If remote, ability to travel to NOLS Headquarters in Lander, WY as needed.
- 2 years of work experience within D365 CE toolset (preferred)
- Knowledge of project management process and systems, ITIL/ITSM; experience with Jira Service Management is a plus.
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and change oriented
- Ability to handle confrontation with appropriate grace, professionalism, cordiality, and firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, in writing, and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate
We are excited to speak to someone with the following…
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Three or more years of professional experience within the education / non-profit industry (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting business applications
- 5+ years of professional IT experience
- Experience developing user documentation and training materials
This position has a strong preference for a candidate to be at the NOLS Headquarters in Lander, WY. If a remote option is offered you must be a legal resident of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming. Current employees and residents in the state of Colorado please contact HR for salary information.
Lander is a small mountain town in the foothills of Wyoming’s Wind River Range on territory traditionally used by indigenous people, including the Northern Arapaho, Eastern Shoshone, Cheyenne, Bannock, and Crow. Lander offers immediate access to public lands for climbing, cycling, fishing, hiking, hunting, skiing, and more. You will be surrounded by people passionate about playing in the outdoors.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religious exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
NOLS values community and fosters a sense of belonging for our employees and applicants. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations in the workplace because they embody these values, as well as our operating principle of promoting a positive, safe, and learning environment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for disability; limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition; religion; and domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or harassment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested at any point of the employment process, including during recruitment. Please email [email protected] with your request.
- A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
- NOLS participates in E-verify.
- Current NOLS employees please note it is NOLS policy to conduct an internal reference check with human resources and/or your current supervisor as part of the reference check process. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact human resources.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply.
Closing Date for Applications
Open Until Filled
The target start date for this role is two weeks from the time of offer.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.