Devils Lake Climbing Guides is hiring outdoor Rock Climbing Instructors to facilitate rock climbing trips, courses, and camps during our 2024 season.
– Client outfitting and orientation
– Traditional anchor setting
– Discussing, learning, and developing client goals through tailored curriculum under the direction of the Lead instructor
– Belay instruction and supervision, or technical instruction as per course
– Proactively identifying, communicating, and managing risks
– Maintaining personal and company equipment
– Learning local terrain and improving technical and movement skills in personal time
We have three instructor classes based on experience and credentials: Apprentice, Assistant, and Lead. Both part and full time positions are available in all classes for the 2024 season. Please visit our hiring webpage for further details.
Our season runs approximately early April through mid-October, though the peak season is late May through late August. Start and end dates can be flexible, but we ask that new hires commit to a full season their first year.
Apprentice Instructor - Proficient top-rope belayer. Comfortable in an outdoor rock climbing environment. $130 - $215/day
Assistant Instructor - Can build traditional climbing anchors. WFR & AMGA SPI course preferred, but not required. $155 - $255/day
Lead Instructor - Previous outdoor climbing instruction experience. WFR & AMGA SPI certifications required. $200 - $330/day
DLCG staff are known for our strong teaching, facilitation and interpersonal skills. We do not hire based on a candidate’s climbing or athletic ability, but rather based on their ability to provide clients with exceptional experiences.
In every role, we value staff who demonstrate:
- Ease in relating to people of all backgrounds, ages and dispositions
- Directness and brevity in communications
- Ability to make tough decisions in novel situations, where info is incomplete and prior experience is lacking
About Devils Lake Climbing Guides
Rock climbing and outdoor adventure trips, courses, camps, and events at Devil's Lake State Park, WI and beyond.