Eagle’s Nest Camp (www.enf.org), a non-profit summer camp for young people located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in Pisgah Forest (close to Asheville), is seeking an Assistant Camp Director (ACD) who will assist in the visioning, planning and implementation of long-range goals for Eagle’s Nest Camp and Hante Adventures. Additionally, the ACD serves as the Risk Manager for Eagle’s Nest Foundation which encompasses The Outdoor Academy, a residential semester school for 10th grade students.
Additional responsibilities include marketing support, staffing, recruiting, hiring and training, budgeting, logistics coordination, curriculum development, permitting and trip leading.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary, on-campus room and board, contributory health insurance plan, retirement plans, paid time off, Camp and OA discounts for dependent children.
1. B.A. or B.S. in a related field, or prior work experience in education or outdoor leadership.
2. Experience with Risk Management
3. Experience with staff supervision and program logistics
4. First Aid and CPR (can be obtained prior to beginning work), WFA or WFR preferred
5. Experience teaching students in residential settings
6. Experience working in a residential summer camp or similar program
About Eagle's Nest Foundation and The Outdoor Academy
Eagle's Nest Foundation (ENF) is a non-profit organization that promotes the natural world and the betterment of human character through experiential education programs. Eagle’s Nest is based in the mountains of Western North Carolina. ENF supports three programs: Eagle’s Nest Camp for children ages 6-17, Hante Adventures for teens, and The Outdoor Academy, an academic semester school for 10th grade students seeking a connection to the natural world and to their community.