Eagle’s Nest Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is experiential education for young people promoting the natural world and the betterment of human character. Eagle’s Nest supports three programs: The Outdoor Academy, a semester school for high school students from across the country; Eagle’s Nest Camp, a co-ed summer camp for children ages 6-17; and Hante Adventures, a wilderness and cultural adventure program for teenagers.
The Outdoor Academy is an accredited semester boarding school for talented 10th and 11th grade high school students located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. Approximately 28 students come to The Outdoor Academy each semester from across the country to participate in a hands-on, college preparatory curriculum highlighting environmental stewardship and place-based learning. Students live in a small boarding environment focused on community and character development, and they gain outdoor leadership skills and experience through outdoor expeditions.
Start Date: January 15, 2022
Summary of Job Description:
The Associate Admissions Manager works closely with The Outdoor Academy Director, a second Associate Admissions Manager, and a Financial Aid Counselor to manage enrollment for The Outdoor Academy (OA) and support the promotional and recruitment efforts of all Eagle’s Nest Foundation (ENF) programs. Most importantly, they develop and implement marketing and recruitment strategies with the goal of achieving consistent, predictable enrollment at OA. They also facilitate the application, admissions, and enrollment process for incoming OA students from inquiry through matriculation. The Associate Admissions Managers collaborate closely with the Marketing Manager and foundation-wide promotions team to support Camp and Hante recruitment activities and to ensure consistent brand and messaging is maintained for all programs within ENF. The Associate Admissions Manager will also play a central role in Eagle’s Nest Foundation’s ongoing efforts to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. The position reports to the OA Director and collaborates daily with a peer manager in a shared office space. Specific duties and responsibilities will be divided between the two admissions team members based on the successful applicant’s skills, experience, and interests.
● Salary commensurate with level of qualification and experience
● Contributory Health Insurance; Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance/AD&D Available
● Retirement Plan
● Paid Time Off
● Camp and OA discounts for dependent children
● B.A. or B.S. and prior experience in an admissions or marketing setting in independent schools or higher education
● Strong public speaking capabilities and refined written communication skills
● Experience with digital marketing using social media platforms, Google AdWords, etc.
● Fluency in Google G-Suite, Microsoft programs, social media platforms, and database mgmt
● Clear driving record
● Well-developed planning, organizational, and leadership skills
● A creative, entrepreneurial spirit
● Knowledge of the field of residential, outdoor, and/or experiential education preferred
About Eagle's Nest Foundation and The Outdoor Academy
Eagle's Nest Foundation (ENF) is a non-profit organization that promotes the natural world and the betterment of human character through experiential education programs. Eagle’s Nest is based in the mountains of Western North Carolina. ENF supports three programs: Eagle’s Nest Camp for children ages 6-17, Hante Adventures for teens, and The Outdoor Academy, an academic semester school for 10th grade students seeking a connection to the natural world and to their community.