Outdoor leaders will work with 11th grade students engaging in team-building activities, hiking, and camping taking a whole child approach to outdoor education.
Dates: Friday, April 22nd beginning 3 pm – Sunday, April 24th ending at 1 pm plus 2 hours of virtual evening planning at mutually convenient time. Additional outdoor education opportunities will be available.
• Educators will help lead lessons and activities that incorporate social emotional learning, team building, nature discovery. Leaders will drive students from East Palo Alto to Half Moon Bay and lead co-lead hikes and other outdoor activities.
• Leaders will help develop a positive group learning environment through team building activities that encourage positive communication, leadership and personal development.
• Previous teaching or facilitation experience with racially and socioeconomically diverse high school youth in an outdoor environment;
• Positive and enthusiastic team player who can provide a safe, supportive, inclusive learning environment for all participants;
• Age 21 years or older; Valid driver’s license, clear fingerprints and background check, and negative TB test; and fully vaccinated for Covid.
• First aid and/or WFA certification is beneficial, but not required.
About Eastside College Preparatory, East Palo Alto, CA
Eastside College Preparatory high school focuses on educating students historically underrepresented in higher education. The Eastside Outdoor Program began several years ago to provide Eastside’s students with multiple outdoor adventures, technical outdoor skills, and leadership opportunities. See Eastside College Preparatory’s website: http://www.eastside.org/ and the Eastside Outdoor Program’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/EastsideOutdoorProgram