The Youth LEAD Program Manager is responsible for the oversight and development of ETC’s 2-to-3-week leadership courses for high school students from diverse socio-economic, cultural, and ability backgrounds. ETC’s Youth LEAD program inspires students to develop leadership and technical outdoor skills, environmental awareness, and a stewardship ethic.Successful candidates will have a proven track record in the following areas: outdoor programming and risk management; youth development with teens from under-represented backgrounds; environmental education and stewardship curriculum development; outdoor leadership development; and strong administrative and organizational skills. Strong experience guiding (2+ years) in one or more of the following outdoor activities: Expeditionary Backpacking, Sea Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting (Class III+).
Minimum of 2-3 years youth program management experience, preferably in the outdoors
• Experience managing staff and volunteers
• Extensive experience in working with underserved populations, including young people from
diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience teaching and developing environmental education and outdoor leadership curriculum
• Facilitation and conflict resolution skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work
About Environmental Traveling Companions
ETC is a non-profit, volunteer based organization that provides outdoor adventure and environmental education experiences for people of all abilities. ETC conducts Sea Kayak, Whitewater Rafting, and Cross Country Skiing trips for youth and adults from under-resourced backgrounds and people with disabilities as well as extended Youth Leadership Programs for disadvantaged youth.