This position allows you to transform your love of wilderness and community into a meaningful, life-changing career. Field Instructors role-model healthy expression of emotion and appropriate behavior, as well as lead by example and share their passion for healthy living and wilderness to help participants connect positively to their experience at Evoke. Instructors teach backpacking skills, low-impact camping ethics, yoga, mindfulness practices, and facilitate team building activities and group therapy. Instructors act as a guide, teacher, role-model and constant support to the teens, young adults, and families with whom they work. Most importantly, our Field Instructors manage the inherent risk of the wilderness and oversee clients’ safety while backpacking in the beautiful wilderness backcountry.
• An industry leading competitive wage
• Referral Bonuses
• $2,500.00 Hiring Bonus (or $1,000 for seasonal employees)
• Commitment bonuses
• Health and Dental/Vision insurance plans
• A 401K Plan where Evoke will match a portion of your contributions after a year of employment.
• Paid vacations (Plus 150 + days off per year due to the schedule!!!)
• Evoke pays for Wilderness First Responder (WFR) courses, professional conferences, hard-skills workshops, and other professional development
• A variety of professional gear deals!
Please visit our website or contact Brennan Dougherty at 435-218-7782 for more information. Navigate to our website via the link below to find the link to our online application.
Must be able to clear State and Federal background check.
Minimum of 21 years of age for full-time positions, 19 years of age for summer seasonal for Entrada.
First Aid and C.P.R. certification is required. Wilderness First Responder, EMT or WEMT certification is preferred.
A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent amount of relevant experience is preferred.
You must be comfortable in the wilderness.
About Evoke Therapy
Evoke Therapy Programs offers hope in the wilderness for teens ages 13–17, young adults ages 18–28+, and families struggling with difficulties like trauma, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, defiance, and substance abuse. Evoke provides therapy and healing from these circumstances, following a proven approach that creates lasting positive change.