Saltash Mountain (SAM) is a six-week small residential camp for mixed gender campers ages 11-14 with a focus on wilderness adventure, arts and close community. For 2021, he SAM community is comprised of 30 campers and about 17 staff. Saltash Mountain Camp’s schedule is entirely based on trips and counselors spend much of their summer working with young people on wilderness adventures.
Counselor staff must be 21 years or older and have some backpacking and trip experience. We offer a variety of trips every summer including canoeing, hiking, and service trips. Counselors at SAM camp split their responsibilities between in camp time and activities and preparing for and leading trips.
• Establish a friendly environment that facilitates growth for campers through challenges and support
• Respect each camper and create a respectful, loving atmosphere in the cabin
• Facilitate resolution of conflicts that involve your campers
• Help plan and lead a variety of in-camp activities and special events for campers and staff
• Work with co-leader and the camp staff to plan and lead four multi-day trips and single-day trips
• Oversee packing and other preparation for campers assigned to your trip group
• Provide safe, fun, and challenging experiences for campers on the trail, respectful of their abilities and interests, and mindful of creating a strong group experience
21 years of age or older
experience working with kids!
About Farm & Wilderness Foundation
Farm & Wilderness Foundation (F&W) is a non-profit, educational organization operating eight summer camp programs for children and young adults. Set on a beautiful 1,500-acre campus in the Green Mountains of Vermont, F&W programs are rich in adventure, community, history, and spirit and foster an individual relationship with the natural world. While each camp and initiative provides unique programs based on age and interests, all F&W activities are shaped by Quaker principles and the common belief that individuals and communities are strengthened by justice, honesty, self-reliance, diversity and respect for all persons. People of any race, background, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or economic status are encouraged to apply to our camps as campers or staff.